From 7th to 9th March 2018, the 20th edition of Cartoon Movie will be held in Bordeaux, France. More than 800 producers, creators, investors, distributors and sales agents of animated feature films, video games, and new media are expected to be present from all of Europe. Cartoon Movie facilitates the creation of long-lasting partnerships and co-productions, allowing the funding of around 20 animated feature films per year in Europe.
60 projects from 22 countries have been selected to be pitched at Cartoon Movie 2018.
Number of projects by status
- In concept: 21 projects
- In development: 26 projects
- In production: 6 projects
- Sneak preview: 7 projects
Number of projects by target audience
- Preschool: 2 projects
- Children: 8 projects
- Family: 36 projects
- Young adults/adults: 14 projects
From Cartoon Connection and Cartoon Springboard
Three projects from Cartoon Connection will be presented at Cartoon Movie 2018.
From Cartoon Connection Canada: Brad, the Pomerleaus’ Genie (10th Ave Productions – Canada)
From Cartoon Connection Korea: Millionaire Woody (Studio Gale – South Korea) and Make The Princess Laugh (Anitoart – South Korea)
From Cartoon Springboard 2017: The Precious Gift (Lenka Ivancikova – Czech Republic)
For the second time, Cartoon Movie will be putting the spotlight on Spain. The spotlight on Spain is supported by ICAA (The Institute of Cinematography and Audiovisual Arts, an autonomous body overseen by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports of Spain) and Diboos, the Spanish Federation of Animation Producers’ Associations (the umbrella body of the sector’s principal association).
You can see Spanish animation at the pitches of eight selected projects (including 3 in co-production) listed below throughout Cartoon Movie 2018:
- Dragonkeeper (Dragoia Media – in development)
- Another Day of Life (Kanaki Films – in sneak preview)
- Elcano & Magellan, The First Voyage Around the World (Dibulitoon Studio – in production)
- Buñuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles (by Salvador Simó – in production)
- Unicorn Wars (Abanos Productions & UniKo – in development)
- Gabo – Memoirs of a Magic Life (by Salvador Simó – in concept)
- The Impossible Journey (El Viaje Imposible – in concept)
- Trip to Teulada (12 Pinguinos – in concept)
We picked projects which caught our attention (we omitted projects that we’ve introduced before).
Blue Elf Kingdom
- Producers: 4 1/2 Film (Norway)
- 3D Computer
A Greyhound of a Girl
- Producers: Dragoia Media (Spain)
- 3D Computer
The Bears’ Famous Invasion of Sicily
The Last Whale Singer
- Producers: Telescope Animation (Germany)
- 3D Computer / Stereoscopic 3D
The Boy Who Switched off the Sun
- Producers: Fourth Wall Creative (United Kingdom)
- 3D Computer