The Annecy International Animation Festival and its Market (Mifa) 2019 is quickly approaching and will kick off on 10th June. Annecy will be filled with various exciting and inspiring programs this year. Here are some highlights of special programs in Annecy 2019.
- Masterclass with Yôichi Kotabe
- Music Throughout Production, and How It Gets Done (Danielle Diego, head of music for 20th Century Fox)
- The Titmouse Secret (Chris Prynoski, Founder and CEO of Titmouse Inc)
- Be Our Guest! Animation and Food (Tom Sito, animator and author of the new book Eat, Drink, Animate: An Animators Cookbook)
- Looking For “Marco” Isao Takahata
- The making of Cartoon Network’s Steven Universe
- Through the Looking Glass: Diverse Perspectives on the VR Competition
Work in Progress
- Calamity, a Childhood of Martha Jane Cannary
- Even Mice Belong in Heaven
- Weathering With You
- Do, Re & Mi
- Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal
Japanese animation is in the Spotlight
The Annecy Festival and Mifa will have a focus on Japanese animation. Japanese animation will be showcased throughout the week. It includes a screening event of Modest Heroes, a collection of three short films from Studio Ponoc, and an exhibition “Japonohara”.
The festival will pay tributes to timeless classic films that are part of a heritage to us.
- Animation Outlaws
- Cat City
- Gwen, the Book of Sand
- Johnny Corncob
- Les Shadoks, droit dans le mur à toutes pompes
If you are night-owls and would love to enjoy the evenings with special screenings, the festival offers you a selection of films for the mature audience to enjoy.
- Aragne: Sign of Vermillion
- Spike & Mike Sick and Twisted Festival of Animation
- Titmouse presents
- Feature Films Mifa Pitches
- Short Films Mifa Pitches
- TV Series & Specials Mifa Pitches
- Interactive Creations & Transmedia Mifa Pitches
- Animation du Monde Mifa Pitches